Beta Testing of Rentable Spaces
This blog post was used to coordinate beta testing of Rentable Spaces. As the feature is released now, we though it could be interesting for everyone to see how it went…
Welcome to Rentable Spaces Beta!
Please visit group home room (http://www.habbo.com/room/63203746), follow the teleport and rent one of those gray boxes on the floor (for this test, it’ll cost you 1 ducket for 60 minutes, ignore what UI tells you). Once rented, the space allows you to put your furniture inside it. You do not loose ownership of the furniture, you can always pick it up. When rent period ends, the furniture will be returned to you automatically.
Play with it and tell me in comments here how it works for you. I’d be grateful if could abuse it by finding a way to affect room beyond your rented space. Client crashes, lost furnis (will be returned) and visual glitches will do too. There’ll be badges for bug reporters and 1 months of HC to those who find the nastiest bugs.
Oh, and keep in mind – this is work in process.
Update 2013-07-01 20:25 UTC:
We got our first bugs:
- Renting the space crashes the client. After re-entering the room space is marked as rented and you can use it.
- When re-used, spaces render the whole room invalid. I’ve cleaned mess up and changed rent time to 10 hours, will fix it tomorrow.
Thank you, early testers – we have your names in logs. :-)
Update 2013-07-02 9:50 UTC:
Room stuck again after existing rents expired and someone tried to rent same space again. There will be new build in an hour, that should fix this and some other known issues.
Update 2013-07-02 11:10 UTC:
New build installed. We had to clean all existing rents, but the furni should have gone back to original owners. The misplaced puzzle boxes should have returned back to their owner too.
Thanks everyone for the efforts! Looks like there is no reliable way to restrict the visual height of the placed furniture, so this has to be rather part of “contract” when renting the space. We’ll give room owner rights to cancel the rent and eject the misplaced furniture. Please test what other furniture can break the rules. Isaac has found mountain background, anything else?
And yes, the furniture types we know for sure are going to break the rules are disabled. These include rollers / any wired box / magic stack tool / music playing furni / and some other things that can move by itself.
Update 2013-07-03 10:30 UTC:
New build, and starting the (hopefully) final round of testing. Known issues updated. If everything goes well, the beta test will end about this time on Thursday, with badges and HC club to follow shortly.
Update 2013-07-03 13:00 UTC:
- Pucks can be in placed rented space and pushed outside.
- Background furniture, cloud machine and background toner can be placed in rented space and screw up the room.
- Sound effect furni can be placed into rented space and can potentially become annoying.
Update 2013-07-04 11:50 UTC:
- Beach ball can be in placed rented space and pushed outside.
- Graphically tall furni can be placed into rented space and obscure the view for others. This cannot be realistically fixed, and becomes a “policy” issue.
- Some furniture cannot be placed into rented space and gives ”You cannot place this in someone else’s room”. This is intentional.
- Some furniture (black holes, water patch) cannot be placed into rented space and no error message is given. This is semi-intentional and will not be fixed, but please list those if you found one.
The Beta is Over
Thanks everyone! Badges and HC membership for those who found the nastiest bugs will follow shortly.